Downloadable content (DLC) is content built by Paradox Development Studio (PDS) as an extension or add-on to Victoria 3. They are modular in nature, which means that a player can choose to play with or without a given DLC by checking them out at the launch menu. An expansion DLC is normally accompanied by a free patch that gives players most of the new content as not to hinder the playability of the game. As such, most DLCs are seen as optional content for players who wish to have a better gaming experience in exchange for some monetary support.
Multiplayer games also benefit from this compatibility, that is to say if the host has a gameplay DLC (expansions and flavor packs) the player does not, the game acts as if the player has it.
- Further details on a specific title may be available by clicking on its banner or icon.
- Table sorting can done via the main column for alphabetical order or the column for chronological order.
Base game editions[edit | edit source]
The base game is required for any and all DLC relating to the game. While cosmetic/music DLCs can be used with any game version, content DLCs can't be used prior to the version they were released with.
|Title and Quick description|
Released on 2022-10-25.
Build your ideal society in the tumult of the exciting and transformative 19th century. Balance the competing interests in your society and earn your place in the sun in Victoria 3!
File names[edit | edit source]
List of DLC files in thefolder (bold names are expansions):
- dlc001_preorder – Victoria 2 Remastered Soundtrack
- dlc002_american_buildings – American Buildings Pack
References[edit | edit source]
- Forum, "A new patching and expansion policy for Paradox Development Studio", 2011-09-26.